Office Hours / Trading Hours
Introduction of SkillsSA
Every month your business is required to pay 1% of your payroll to SARS for an item called skills development levies. The real question is what does our business get in return for this payment?
Well there are two potential benefits that a business can qualify for:
• The mandatory grant; and
• The discretionary grant.
SkillsSA can assist you to recover both of these grants by complying with the annual requirements and submitting the annual training report and workplace skills plan.
In addition to recovering the mandatory grant and potentially the discretionary grant the advantages of going through this process include:
• Formalisation of training with properly documented processes and record keeping;
• Identification and filling of skills gaps;
• Improving the BEE rating of the business;
• Completion of a portion of the training required to demonstrate compliance with the Employment Equity Act;
• Evidence of on the job and for censoredtraining for both staff, trade unions and government;
• Important records for staff performance reviews; and
• Aids compliance with SABS, ISO, CE marking and other quality standards.
Depending on which of our three packages that you select you will be entitled to various additional benefits such as:
• Assistance with compliance with the Employment Equity Act;
• Labour law advice;
• Payroll tax advice;
• Assistance with the identification of skills gaps;
• Access to multiple free or subsidised courses (some offering certificates);
• Free or subsidised training required by law such first aid courses, health and safety courses, firefighting courses, etc.