Leftiesonlystore - International Left Handers Day
About Leftiesonlystore - International Left Handers Day
About 10-15% of the population is left handed. Why is this? Genetically, it's likely due to a gene named NRH ("non-right-handed") which has a 50% chance of making people left-handed (and also has a 50% probability of making your hair follicle counterclockwise!)
There's been a good deal of interesting research on handedness in the previous decade.
Left-handers' brains are organised differently from right-handers' in a sense that could enable them to process speech, spatial connections and feelings in more varied and possibly creative ways. Additionally, a slightly larger number of left-handers compared to right-handers are especially talented in music and math. It is believed that these abilities are due to increased communication between the brain hemispheres, and also the ability to utilize both sides of the mind simultaneously when processing stimlui.
You may be amazed by how many famous men and women are left-handed!
- According to Scientific American, 15 percent of Individuals are left handed. Males are twice as likely to be left-handed as females.
- Left-handers are more likely to be geniuses - 20% of all MENSA members report being left-handed.
- A research found left-handed men are, on average, 15% wealthier than right-handed guys for those who attended college, and 26% richer if they graduated.
- Left-handed people are 3 times more likely than right-handed people to become alcoholics.
- If both parents are left handed, 50% of their offspring will be left handed. Two righties just have a 2% probability of experiencing a lefty.
- Psychologists from Queen's University Belfast discovered that female cats are more likely to be more right-pawed, whereas male cats tend to be left-pawed.
- Lefties are more inclined than righties to actually, really hate spiral notebooks.
- Research conducted by Dr.Nick Cherbuin shows that lefties are better at managing large quantities of stimulation, which makes them naturally better at playing video games.
- Statistically, the elderly a mother is, the more likely she is to give birth to left handed children.
- Left-handers are thought to attain puberty 4 to 5 months after right-handers.
- Living in a righty's world: just 50% of lefties report using a mouse with their left hands on. Likewise, 68% use their right hand for scissors and 74% hold a dinner knife in their right hands.
- Defying the odds: 4 of the 5 original designers of the Mac computer were left-handed. Of the last 5 presidents, 3 are left handed (Obama, Clinton, Bush Sr.).
We're about celebrating the 10%-15. This idea came from watching my husband live in the realm of "righties". I started placing cute lefty quotations on t-shirts for him with unique designs, so I chose to share this with the world. Having the gift of being a left hander is so adorable! Lefties' uniqueness is completely amazing. Watching someone do regular things with their left hand is awesome to watch. This website is for all the lefties out there. Check us out! Lefties Store